1. Time course of the increases of SOD and POD activities compared to
respective controls in sugar beet M14 leaves after NaCl treatments. (A)
SOD in 200mMand 400mMNaCl stress.(B) POD in 200 mM and 400 mM NaCl
stress. Reported values are the mean of three independent experiments
from different samples with standard errors.
2. Functional classification of the identified differentially
accumulated proteins and phosphoproteins based on the uniprot database,
related publications and Blast2Go. (A) 114 differentially accumulated
proteins; (B) 189 differential phosphoproteins.
3. Phosphopeptide MS/MS spectra map. (A) MS/MS spectrum of VNpTLLNLPR
from PP2C. (B) MS/MS spectrum of DFGpSMNMDELLK from AREB.
4. Real-time PCR analysis of the genes encoding the differential
phosphoproteins and proteins in signal transduction pathways. The x-axis
is NaCl concentration. The y-axis is the relative expression of each
gene encoding the phosphoproteins and proteins.
5. Schematic presentation of systematic salt tolerance mechanisms in
M14 leaves. The identified proteins were put into subcellular locations
and KEGG pathways. The red and green highlighted proteins indicate
increased and decreased phosphoproteins, respectively, and those
underlined red and green highlighted proteins with increased and
decreased levels, respectively. (A) Salt response mechanisms under 200
mM NaCl treatment; (B) Salt response mechanisms under 400 mM NaCl
treatment. Please refer to Supplemental Table 7 for protein IDs.